One of the best things about online casinos is that there’s a multitude of ways you can fund your accounts, from the obvious (debit/credit card) to the obscure (pay by phone options). However, some payment methods stand out as far more popular than others, and Skrill is one of these.
Skrill online casinos offer fast, simple and safe deposits which is why it’s one of the biggest depositing methods around.
The popularity of the method means there’s a whole load of great UK gambling sites, which accept the method, to choose from. On this page, you can learn more about this online casino payment method, including:
- How to make a deposit with the service
- How to withdraw with the service
- Transaction times limits and fees
- The advantages and disadvantages of using this payment service
What Is a Skrill Online Casino?
Skrill is essentially an e-wallet service. You can load money onto your account, and then use your account to purchase goods and services online. It serves as a middle man, between you and the casino, ensuring that your bank details and personal details are kept safe and secure.
The e-wallet company started back in 2001 and is based in the United Kingdom. The service accepts a variety of different currencies and can be used at thousands of online shops, online gaming sites, and anything else that you have to transfer money online.
To use the method, you’ll first need to set up an e-wallet account to use. You can do this by visiting the official website and the whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes. It really is as simple as that.
How to Make a Casino Deposit with Skrill
As we’ve just mentioned, depositing via this method is quick and easy. This means that, once you have an account, you can start playing at your favourite Skrill online casino in no time at all.
Follow the steps below to make your first deposit:
- Go to the banking page
- Select Skrill from the list of payment options
- Log in to your account, with the email address and password you used to create the account
- Select the amount you wish to spend
- Confirm the payment
You’re all done – we told you it was simple. What’s more, deposits of this are instant, which means your money should be in your account immediately.
How to Withdraw with Skrill
Unlike other payment methods (such as Mastercard and Boku), Skrill allows you to both deposit and withdraw via the service. Furthermore, withdrawing via the method is even easier than depositing.
Follow the steps below to make a withdrawal via the method:
- Go to the withdrawal page
- Select the amount of money you wish to withdraw
- Select Skrill from the list of withdrawing method options; you may need to login to your account to complete the withdrawal process
Depending on the gambling site you visit, your withdrawal may be subject to a pending period. However, after this time, all withdrawals are processed immediately.
Skrill Transaction Limits and Fees
Skrill is one of the best payment methods for those who like to fund their account with a lot of money at one time. This is because the depositing limits with the method are usually set quite high. Of course, this all depends on which site you wish to play at and you may need to verify your identity to get limits lifted.
The downside of paying with this service is that there are fees to use the service. Whilst using your account at a gambling site is generally free, to upload and withdraw from your account will cost you:
- Each time you upload funds to your account, you will be charged a 1% fee
- To withdraw from your account (via bank transfer, Visa or Swift) costs £4.76 per transaction
- The service charges an inactivity fee of EUR 5.00 (GBP equivalent at the time) to all accounts which aren’t used within a 12 month period.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Skrill
Throughout this page, we’ve mentioned various benefits and drawbacks of using this e-wallet over another depositing method.
However, we’ve also compiled the main advantages and disadvantages of using the service here, so that you can work out whether you want to use the service at a glance:
- The service is accepted at a wide range of the best UK online sportsbooks and slot sites, which means it’s convenient
- It’s quick and easy
- You can make transactions from all devices (including both iOS and Android mobiles)
- It is an FSA accredited organisation, which means you can rest assured your money is completely safe
- The service protects your banking and personal details
- You can use the service at casinos and at online retailers; this means you only need one set of login details
- The service is free to sign up to, but there are fees for using your account
- Some casinos will not allow players who use this method to pick up depositing bonuses and promotions
- The method isn’t available at every online or mobile casino
How to Find the Best Skrill Online Casinos
As we mentioned earlier, Skrill is accepted at some of the UK’s biggest and best slot sites. This means that finding the perfect gaming destination which accepts the method shouldn’t be hard.
To find out whether your gambling site of choice accepts this payment option, you should check out their Help or FAQ pages. If you’re still unsure, you can also contact their customer service team for more information.
It’s also a good idea to read the casino’s terms and conditions to check whether or not there are limits on your deposits and withdrawals, and whether you can still benefit from bonuses when using the service.
Find a Great Sign Up Bonus
If you’re searching for a new casino which accepts this method, you should definitely look for a site which offers a competitive sign-up bonus. One of the many perks of playing at online casinos is that you can always pick up rewards for choosing to play at one site over another.
Look for a sign-up bonus which not only offers a deposit match bonus, but an additional bonus too. This could be a no deposit bonus, a number of free spins or free bets (if sportsbooks are more your bag).