SMS casino sites have become very popular over the last decade, and it is not hard to see why when everyone now has a mobile and cannot be parted from it!
SMS casino deposits are fast, simple and secure – and allow you to fund your casino account from the palm of your hand.
However, many people are still unfamiliar with this great casino depositing method. If that’s you, then look no further. On this page, you can learn everything you need to know about SMS mobile casinos, including:
- How the method works
- How to make an SMS deposit at a mobile casino
- The advantages and disadvantages of using the method
What is an SMS Casino?
An SMS casino, as the name suggests, is a casino site which allows you to deposit via SMS. This means you needn’t worry about bank or card details, as you can fund your account using your mobile number.
An SMS deposit is simply charged to your phone bill, or subtracted from your existing pay-as-you-go credit. As such, SMS casinos are quick, simple and incredibly safe.
How to Make an SMS Deposit
As we’ve just mentioned, this method of depositing is incredibly quick and easy. In fact, the whole process can be completed in just a few minutes. Follow the steps below to make your first SMS deposit:
- Visit a casino which accepts the banking method, and go to the depositing page.
- Select ‘pay by phone’ from the list (may also be called Pay by Mobile, Payforit, Boku or SIRU)
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and your mobile number
- Once you have received a verification SMS, reply to this to confirm the payment.
That’s it! You’re done. We told you it was easy!
Important Things to Consider
Whilst paying via SMS at a casino is very straightforward, there are a few things you need to consider before going ahead and making the transaction:
- You need to be using a UK phone number (and remember, this will be the number to which the deposit is charged)
- You need to make sure your phone contract allows these transactions, or that you have enough phone credit to cover the cost of the deposit
- Almost all major UK phone networks allow for SMS transactions, but it is worth checking with them first, should you run into any problems.
How Much Cash Can I Deposit Using an SMS Casino?
If you are a player that is just looking to spend a few pounds each day and want to spin the reels for fun, then this depositing method could be a fantastic option for you. That being said, high flying players who want to deposit lots of cash into their casino account, may be left a little disappointed.
Why is this? Well, normally with these types of transactions, players can only make a single deposit to the casino and this is limited at around £30 per day, and £10 per transaction.
This deposit limit can vary from network provider to network provider so always double check the details with them first before making your deposit.
Furthermore, you can only make these smaller one-time deposits a few times each day, and again this limit will vary. If you are a player who likes to deposit a lot of cash, this method of depositing may not let you deposit enough cash each day to your liking or you may find it slightly inconvenient to make multiple deposits each day if you are looking to spend over £10.
Why Are There Limits?
There are a few reasons why there are limits imposed and the first is to keep you safe. Depositing an accidental large sum of money is easily done, and this limit of £10 per transaction means that you won’t fall victim to this silly, but extremely costly, mistake.
Another reason why these limits are imposed is because the money that you deposit is essentially a loan from your network provider as you pay this back at the end of the month on your monthly contract, unless you have a pay as you go phone in which this money that you have already topped up into your mobile phone. Mobile phone networks obviously do not want to be handing out huge loans to gamblers and so this deposit limit keeps both you and the mobile network provider safe as you do not want to be too far in debt to them where it becomes a problem!
The Advantages and Disadvantages of SMS Deposits
If, after reading this page, you’re considering making an SMS deposit at your casino of choice then it’s a good idea to weigh up the pros and cons of funding your account in this manner.
Fortunately, we’ve done all the hard work for you. In the lists below, we’ve made it easy to see both the advantages and disadvantages of SMS casino payments at a glance. So, without further ado:
- These transactions are incredibly secure, as you don’t need to share any bank or card details with the casino
- They can be made in a matter of seconds, meaning that you can spend more time playing the games you love
- They are now accepted at some of the UK’s biggest and best casinos, which means you don’t need to compromise on where you play
- There are no transaction fees applied, which means that this depositing method is completely free
- These deposits are perfect for mobile players, as you can do everything from the same device.
- You cannot make withdrawals via the method.
- Deposits are limited at £30 per day
- Not all mobile or online casinos accept payments of this kind
- Some casinos will not allow players to pick up bonuses and promotions if they deposit in this manner. Make sure you read terms and conditions carefully.