NetEnt, the name behind some of our favourite slots ever, have just launched a brand new title. The game dives into the world of fairytales and delivers a Red Riding Hood themed slot packed with stunning graphics and plenty of bonus features. It’s not their first foray into storybook slots, as we already know and love their Jack and the Beanstalk game, however this marks the first title in their Fairytale Legends series, with more games planned for 2017. It’s already been a successful year for the software developers, with their Motorhead slot soaring to popularity, yet in a crowded fantasy market, will Red Riding Hood be able to compete?
The Slot Theme
We’re going to assume you’re already aware of the Red Riding Hood story — girl meets wolf, wolf eats grandma, girl kills wolf etc. If not, get yourself over to a library fast as you’re missing out on crucial childhood fiction… sort of.
The slot stays true to the theme, and is set in a dark forest with fairies, magic keys and the red caped girl herself gracing the reels. It’s been proven time and time again that NetEnt’s graphics are second to none, and we’re also well aware that they can deliver thematically. Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood is no different, and we must say it’s a beautifully designed slot.
That being said, the title enters a market already full of storybook themed slots. The new game faces competition from IGT’s Miss Red and mFortune‘s Little Red Riding Reels, not to mention the plethora of more general fairytale slots such as Nektan’s Trolls Tale and Quickspin’s Big Bad Wolf slot.
So how have NetEnt set their title apart from the crowd? By introducing tons and tons of bonus features of course!
NetEnt promised that this Fairytale Legends game would be loaded with action and bonus features, and true to form they haven’t disappointed us. There is, in fact, seven main features to the game, including sticky wilds, re-spins, huge multipliers and random prizes.
Sticky Wilds are a great addition to any slot’s base game, as they ramp up the potential for big wins.To the uninitiated, a sticky wild is a wild that will stay put for multiple spins, therefore giving you more chances to create winning paylines.
In this slot, wilds are symbolised by Red Riding Hood herself and for them to be sticky they must appear in the centre three reels. Two or more will activate the re-spin feature.
There are three ‘fairy features’ to the game, which appear randomly throughout. As these aren’t specifically Red Riding Hood themed, it could be that these bonus rounds will appear in all of NetEnt’s Fairytale Legends slots.
- The Fairy Magic Spin – This expanding symbol feature means that one or more of the reels will be converted into a single giant symbol. This creates more chances for you to achieve some huge 4 or 5 of a kind winning paylines.
- The Fairy Surprise – This feature is triggered randomly after an unsuccessful spin. At random, the fairy will select a medium paying symbol and turn all low paying symbols into this, until a win appears. This feature guarantees you’ll end up with at least one win.
- The Fairy Wild Spin – Along side the sticky wilds in the base game, this feature gives players another chance at a sticky respin. The Fairy Wild bonus turns the centre three reels into stacked wilds, and then respins whilst the wilds remain sticky. This gives players multiple chances of creating a huge win.
Three Bonus Chests — Which Will You Choose?
Not content with giving you three bonus features already, NetEnt have packed in more surprises. If you find three or more chest scatter symbols upon your reels, you’ll activate one of these three bonus rounds.
- The Coin Win – This bonus round simply gives you a multiplier of at least 15x your total win. It sounds uninspired, however the game does promise that higher multipliers can be activated.
- The Red Riding Hood Extra Spins – This round gives you 10 extra spins, with sticky wild respins on all reels. This bonus seems the easiest to trigger, and with the respins activated, the round often lasts at lot longer than 10 spins.
- The Beware the Wolf Bonus – This is perhaps the most innovative feature of the whole slot. The Beware of the Wolf bonus is a mini game, where you must follow a trail of coins through the woods and try to make your way to Grandma’s house. There’s multipliers along the way and a huge 100x jackpot win if you succeed and finish your journey.
Which Pay by Phone Bill Casinos Can You Play At?
The game was released on Monday, so throughout the week it should be added to some of our favourite pay by phone bill casinos. Nektan have added the title to their roster, meaning it will be launched at sites like GoWin and Kerching this month – both of which accept Boku deposits.