Ted By Blueprint Gaming Mobile Slot Review — The Best Slot Of 2017?
Do you remember Ted? How could you forget him! The loud, crass, weed-smoking teddy bear from Seth MacFarlane’s box office smash comedy has made his way into the world of slots, courtesy of Blueprint Gaming.
The slot, which came out earlier this year, has been one of the software developer’s biggest successes. This is not only due to the fact that the game features graphics lifted straight from the film itself, but also because it boasts some spectacular bonus features and chances to win big. In all honesty, it’s a superbly designed game which is lucrative, highly entertaining and innovative. Read on to see what you can expect from the game!
Ted is a 5 reel, 20 payline slot, brought to us by Blueprint Gaming. The slot first launched back in March, and is available on desktop, mobile and tablet devices. You can play the slot from as little as 20p, all the way up to £200 per spin, which makes it perfect for both budget players and high rollers alike.
Furthermore, the return to player rate (RTP) of the game stands at a respectable 95.80%. It’s by no means the most generous percentage we’ve ever seen, but it does mean that players do have a decent chance of winning back the money they put in. Plus, as the slot is considered to be medium volatility, the wins come thick and fast, and some can be particularly impressive.
The first thing you’ll notice when playing Ted is the game’s amazing graphics. The slot is bold and colourful, with a cartoon feel, and Ted himself snoozing on the sofa below the reels. Symbols include the traditional Jack to Ace playing card values, as well as bongs, beers and Ted’s girlfriend Tami-Lynn. There is also a logo symbol from the film, which will appear stacked at times, and can pay out up to 500 coins!
The game also benefits from a wilds and scatters. The wild symbol features Ted, and will substitute for all other symbols apart from the bonus scatter. Like the film logo symbol, the wild also pays out 25x your stake, for a five of a kind combination on any payline. The game’s scatters it the ‘Thunder Buddies Bonus’ symbol; three or more of these symbols anywhere on the reels will trigger one of five bonus features.
Ted is a feature packed slot, there’s no doubt about that. In addition to five bonus games, which we’ll talk more about in a little while, the base game also benefits from six randomly triggered modifiers. Each modifier is triggered if Ted wakes from his slumber during any spin. He can do this at any time and when he does, he will award you with any one of the following special features:
- Laser Gun Infectious Wilds – With this modifier, Ted himself will spring off the sofa and fire a laser gun at the reels. The laser will bounce around the reels, and turn any symbol it hits wild.
- Psychedelic Super Spin – True to character, in this bonus feature Ted wakes from his sleep and starts smoking his bong. As the reels cloud over with smoke, a number of special Ted symbols are added, which will them transform into the same symbol creating multiple winning paylines.
- Beer Shuffle – If you create a winning combination, Ted will jump up from the sofa and spray beer on the reels, covering them with froth. The symbols will then rearrange to form a new combination. This feature continues until all of the froth has disappeared.
- Psychedelic Colossal Spin – As with the Psychedelic Super Spin feature, in this modifier Ted wakes up and starts smoking the bong. Like before, the reels will soon be covered in smoke. However, this time, once the smoke is gone, three reels will combine to create a colossal winning symbol combination.
- TV Streak – If you create a winning combination, Ted may jump from the sofa to hit the TV remote buttons. The reels will then re-spin, with your previously winning symbols remaining sticky. This feature will carry on until the combination has been improved, and so it’s a great way of finding a big win.
- Psychedelic Bonus Boost – Like the other ‘psychedelic’ bonus features, this one begins with Ted smoking his bong. Once the smoke clears this time, players will find added scatter symbols on their reels, which gives you a much greater chance at triggering a bonus game.
So, as you can see, there’s already a lot going on in the base game. However, in addition to the six modifiers, there are also five unique bonus features that can be activated when you collect three or more of the ‘Thunder Buddies Bonus’ scatter symbols. Once you’ve found enough scatters on your reels, you’ll be given a chance at spinning the bonus wheel to determine which game you will play.
The first bonus game is a the Wheel of Fartune, and like classic wheel games players must spin the wheel to win multipliers and cash prizes. The second game is the Bar Crawl, which is a board-game like feature where Ted must move around to pick up prizes.
This game is incredibly fun because it uses the storyline from the films, like visiting the pizza house or meeting girls. The third game is the Super Mart Extra Spins feature. In this, you are awarded 5 extra spins with added wilds on the reels. The final game is the Flash Extra Spins feature, which is played on a 5×4 reel set, with chances to win cash prizes, more extra spins and extra wilds.
Throughout all of the game’s bonus features, players are given a chance to access the Big Money Bonus; this is where things really get interesting. In this bonus round, Ted will be in the middle of the screen, next to a carousel of multipliers. There’s also sale signs to the left and right of the screen.
First of all, players will be awarded a multiplier and then will have to select a sale sign. If the sale sign transforms into a ‘re-spin’ sign, another multiplier will be revealed, however if the sign transforms into a ‘collect’ sign, the feature ends. In this bonus round, players can potentially win up to a whopping 500x their stake!
Ted is highly animated slot, jam packed with bonus features and excellent animation. The graphics are second to none, and although the symbols are very detailed, nothing feels too busy.
We do have to say the game is busy, there’s a lot going on sometimes it can be hard to keep up with, especially if a random modifier hits. However, due to the fantastic design of the game, it strikes you as a feast for the senses rather than a headache waiting to happen. The aspects that are taken from the movie add to the fun of the game too, and we love the little snippets of sound we get from Ted himself.
In terms of compatibility, Ted runs flawlessly across all devices, including on both Android and iOS platforms. The game loads quickly, even on mobile, which is surprising for such a graphic-heavy game.
We have to say, Ted has blown us away. Branded slots can be very hit and miss, and basing a slot around a recent movie can be very risky. Luckily, however, Blueprint Gaming have pulled it off. This is not only due to how close they’ve stuck to the original films, but also how much effort they’ve put into designing bonus features that fit with the slot’s narrative.
We think that Ted may be hands-down the best slot of 2017. In fact, we think we owe our readers a formal apology for only just reviewing this game, as if you’ve not played it yet, you’ve been missing out!
The game is suited at sorts of players, from casual gamers to high rollers, and the medium variance means that it delivers on both frequent and large wins. So long as Ted himself doesn’t fade into obscurity, we think this game will become a modern classic in no time at all.
|Release Date||March 2017|
|Software Developer||Blueprint Gaming|
|Return to Player (RTP)||95.8%|
|Reels/Paylines||5 Reels, 20 Paylines|
|Min/Max Wager||20p – £200|